LIB ARCHIVE - RED TETONS - CANVAS PRINT
"Red Tetons" 1996, Original- Oil on Linen 60"x 72"
On the surface it may look like a simple, even borderline naive landscape but this painting has become so important to me for so many reasons...
To start, It is my very first work in oil, the first painting I did while living my first winter in Jackson WY at the "Hard Winter Lane" house/studio.
There's also the fact that it has become a symbol of those golden years in snowboarding for me and from what I gather many other people as well. Even though I have come so far as an artist in the 25 years since I painted this, it is still my most sought after piece by far.
Canvas Print - 18"x 24"
- Acid-free, PH-neutral, poly-cotton base
- 20.5 mil (0.5 mm) thick canvas
- Canvas fabric weight: 13.9 oz/yd² (470 g/m²)
- Printed on textured and fade-resistant canvas (OBA-Free)
- Mounting brackets included
- Hand-glued solid wood stretcher bars
- 1.5″ (3.81 cm) deep